Best Time Tracking for Freelancers 2023
As a Freelancer, managing your time per task can make or break you. This is why you must perfect time tracking for freelancers to be ahead of the flock. You are the only person who truly understands the worth of time tracking. At times, the freedom you have as a freelancer is your major drawback in time management.
Time Tracking for Freelancers
Hello Bonsai is one of the best tools for time tracking for freelancers. Below are the features you can enjoy for different Bonsai plans as a freelancer.
Hello Bonsai is available in three plans; Starter, Professional and Business Plan.
The entry-level plan is called the Starter, which costs $17 per month. It is the most ideal for freelancers who are just starting.
The second plan is the Profession Plan costing $32 per month. The Business Plan is the most exclusive, which costs $52 per month.
- Support centralized timesheets for a team working on a project.
- Automated invoice to bill your hours.
- Free trial for starter, professional and business plans.
- Unlimited access to all features for each plan in free trials.
- It is flexible to use on iOS, Android, Mac and Chrome.
- You can integrate time tracking with invoices.
- The dashboard looks professional to send to a client.
- No screen recording.
- It is limited to English users.
There is a free and a pro plan of Harvest.
In the Free Plan, you get 1 seat and 2 projects. For the Pro plan, you get unlimited seats and unlimited projects costing $10.8 per month.
- Time tracking with simple timesheets.
- Project reporting and team reporting.
- Ability to turn timesheets into invoices.
- You can use the service on both desktops and as a mobile application.
- It is easy to integrate and sync data with other tools.
- Allows you to export your report and use them outside Harvest.
- The free plan only supports one user.
- The free plan will only support 2 projects which are not really enough.
- Harvest mobile application is not as intuitive.
Pricing is dependent on the plan you choose. The entry-level plan called the Personal will cost you $7.5 monthly. The Personal Pro plan will cost you $11.67 per month. The most exclusive plan is Team, which will cost you $15.3 monthly.
- Supports integration with more than 3000 tools.
- Allows you to design your physical remote control for the app.
- Supports easy time tracking remotely.
- It supports accurate billing of your custom reports.
- It generates great-looking reports to dazzle your clients.
- It allows you to track billable and non-billable times differently.
- It will enable you to invite members and track project timelines together.
- Timeular Bluetooth can frustrate you at times.
The Starter Plan costs $9 per user per month. This one gets you 50 projects and 3 teams.
The Premium Plan costs $16 per user per month. In Premium Plan, you get unlimited projects and unlimited teams. These unlimited services take Timely to the list of the best tools for time tracking for freelancers.
The third plan is called Unlimited. This one costs $22 per user per month. You enjoy unlimited projects, unlimited teams, unlimited features and individual capacity in this plan.
- If you take a free trial, you get all features of the Unlimited Plan.
- The free trial takes 14 days, enough for you to decide whether you like Timely.
- Easy to use add-ons like task and time.
- There is no credit card information required when registering for a free trial.
- Timely has accurate billing.
- You can scale up project profitability.
- Timely has a strict anti-surveillance policy to protect users.
- It can repeatedly show an unwanted flag if Timely does not recognize a custom time zone on your computer.
- Some pop-up alerts can also be annoying.
- It goes through regular updates forcing users to retrain.
There are three plans to choose from, and each has sub-plans.
HubstaffTime is the most basic, with Time Free plan ($0), Time Starter plan ($5.83 per user per month), Time Pro plan ($8.33 per user per month) and Enterprise.
HubstaffDesk is the moderate plan with a Desk Free plan ($0), Desk Starter plan ($5.83 per user per month), Desk Pro ($8.33 per user per month) and Enterprise.
The most exclusive plan is called HubstaffDesk. It has Field Pro costing $10 per user per month, Desk Field costing $20.50 per user per month and Enterprise plan. Because you can get a lifetime free plan from HubStaff, it is undoubtedly among the ideal tools for time tracking for freelancers.
- Time tracking.
- Employee monitoring.
- Workforce management.
- Agile Project Management.
- You get a 14-days free trial.
- It supports the future scheduling of invoices.
- It supports web browsers, and you also download the Hubstaff app for desktop, Android, or iOS.
- It allows integration with a handful of other similar tools.
- The interface is not as user-friendly.
- It has too many features that some users will never use.
- The customer support is not as responsive.
Clockify is available in four plans.
The entry plan is called the Basic and will cost you $3.99 per user per month, billed annually.
The Standard Plan will cost you $5.49 per user per month, billed annually.
The Pro Plan is third, costing $7.99 per user per month, billed annually.
The fourth plan is called Enterprise, and it is the most exclusive. Clockify charges $11.99 per user per month, billed annually.
- Time tracker.
- Mobile and desktop apps.
- Supports 80+ integrations.
- It is ideal for remote time tracking of employees.
- It generates professional-looking time-tracking reports.
- It has an intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
- It sometimes stalls while in use.
- It is less responsive if you have a poor internet connection.
- Most plans do not have a free trial.
7. Buddy Punch
The Standard plan will cost you $2.99 per user per month, billed annually. This plan supports time tracking for any business size. It is among the cheapest, making Budday Puch a key software of the top tools for time tracking for freelancers.
The Pro plan will cost you $3.99 per user per month, billed annually. This plan comes with time scheduling.
The third plan is Enterprise, a customizable plan that includes everything Buddy Punch offers. You can contact Buddy Punch for a quote for this plan.
- Employee scheduling.
- Early / lead / absent reporting.
- API access.
- Multi-channel support.
- Buddy Punch allows you to try their time tracking tool for 14 days free of charge.
- Users enjoy ease while submitting timecards.
- Seamless access through mobile and desktop.
- Punching out could sometimes be terrible.
There are two plans of Toggl. Team is the entry plan, and it will cost you $8 per user per month. It is quite a comprehensive plan at this rate. It is ideal for small teams looking to have simple visual project resources.
The second plan is called Business, which is ideal for working with external stakeholders. Business Plan costs $13.35 per user per month. This is your plan if you want to export time-tracking data externally.
- Time tracking.
- Project management.
- Team management.
- Easier time tracking and more accurate than timesheets.
- Supports more than 100 integrations.
- Gives you actionable insights for your time-tracking data.
- 14-days free trial for both Team and Business plans.